The Breidden Hills are one of the many attractive circular walks in the area. At the top of the hill is the Admiral Rodney monument with its panoramic views of Shropshire and Montgomeryshire.
The Offa’s Dyke, Severn way, Nesscliffe Hill, Ellesmere and the South Shropshire Long Mynd are all convenient for walking.
Free private fishing is available along the River Severn.
Close by is the Builthy golf course, along with ones at Oswestry, Llanymynech, Welshpool and Shrewsbury.
The area also offers shooting, horse riding, quad biking and various adventure pursuits and plenty of pleasant country lanes for cycling.
PLACES TO VISIT
- Shrewsbury with its castle, museums, black and white buildings and links with Cadfael
- Ironbridge the birthplace of industry
- Oswestry – an unspoilt market town
- Welshpool home to Powis castle
- Lake Vyrnwy
- Llanhaedr Waterfalls
- Melverley Church
- The Ellesmere Lakes
- Montgomery and its castle
- South Shropshire Hills
- National Trust properties including Chirk castle, Powis castle, Erddig and Attingham park
- Stokesay castle
- Shropshire Guide
WITHIN CLOSE DISTANCE YOU CAN EXPLORE
- The Welsh coast
- Mid Wales Countryside.
Things to Do
Things to See